Greenhill Library is coming to Lowedges! We are excited to announce that we have received an award of £27,000 from the National Lottery Community Fund to improve library use by the Lowedges community. The award will purchase equipment and fund a temporary, part time post to build engagement with residents and establish a small branch library.
At this stage we are seeking to appoint a part-time library development worker to work 16 hours per week over 3 or 4 days.
- Salary £20,475 pro rata (based on FTE 37.5 hour week) plus pension contribution
- Holiday entitlement
- Contract period two years, starting in August 2019
The aim of the role is to improve the library use of people in Lowedges Sheffield with a particular focus on –
- Initiating and developing community engagement to establish local need and requirements to which the library can contribute in a creative and positive manner.
- Providing greater access to borrow books by developing a volunteer run satellite library in Lowedges
- Engaging with Lowedges academy through assemblies and class visits
- Providing an occasional book sale at Foodcycle, Lowedges community centre or other.
A full job description (PDF) is available here.
How to apply
You can download, print and complete a paper application form here. Alternatively you can apply on-line using the form below. The closing date for applications is Friday 28 June.