Saturday 17 December
Greenhill’s Christmas Extravaganza combines a host of family-friendly activities around the village with our usual artisan and producers Christmas market in and behind the library. There are activities for young people in the children’s library too, and the day is rounded off with a showing of “The Muppets Christmas Carol”.
Proceeds from the community stalls and donations will help support our library and future events. Scroll down for more … we’ll be adding further detail as we get nearer the day.
At the library
Local producers and artisan market 11am – 3pm. Outdoors and in the adult library. All our stalls are fully booked. A great opportunity to get those last-minute Christmas gifts!
And for the children:
- Meet the Mascots (10-11, outide the library)
- Barney Baloney 11.30-12.30 (Children’s entertainer)
- Numbers limited
- Crafts and games
- Carols (4pm on the lawn)
At the White Swan
- Inflatable snow globe (£2 no need to book)
- Music and festive fun
At Greenhill Methodist Church
- Messy Nativity starts at 12 noon
- Genquip Brass Band 3pm
- Crafts start at 12 noon
At Saint Peter’s Church
- Hallamshire Brass Band (2pm start)
Concert of Christmas music from the movies, theatre, traditional and modern. Refreshments available in interval.
Tickets- Adults and over 16s- £5, 10-16 yrs -£2- under 10s – Free
- Crazy Golf (10 – 4)
On Westwick Crescent
- Info hub
- Reindeer Food Bar, Candyfloss (£1)
- Face paints and glitter
- Transfer Tattoos
- Disco at Power Yoga 11.30-12.00, 12.30-1.00, 1.30-2.00, 2.30-3.00 (Book at info hub)
- Music and stalls
- Cirque De Bleugh illuminated entertainers (at dusk)
At the shops …
- Cracker-pull outside Mr and Mrs Cod at 1pm. Buy a cracker from a volunteer and wait for the countdown!
- Play Doh and games at Kutchenhaus 10am – 2pm
- Cooking demo (TBC) at Kutchenhaus
- Power of Yoga — Disco. Various sessions; book on the day
- PLUS: Entertainers, carol singing and more!
Free Family Film Show
… and to round off the day, we’re showing “The Muppets Christmas Carol” in the library. A surprisingly faithful retelling of the Dickens classic. Doors open / refreshments 6pm film starts 6.30. This is now fully booked.